Loan / Advances
NBL Margin Lending
This loan is provided against the shares of the companies, which are listed in Nepal Stock Exchange (NEPSE) and acceptable to the bank. The companies whose shares are eligible for NBL Margin Lending are:
- Nabil Bank Ltd.
- Nepal Investment Bank Ltd.
- Standard Chartered Bank Ltd
- Himalayan Bank Ltd.
- Everest Bank Ltd.
- Bank of Kathmandu
- Nepal SBI Bank Ltd.
- NIC Bank Ltd.
- DCBL Bank Ltd.
- Citizen Bank International Ltd.
- Kumari Bank Limited
- Laxmi Bank Limited
- Prime Commercial Bank Limited
- Siddhartha Bank Limited
Manufacturing and Processing
- Bottlers Nepal Ltd. (Balaju)
- Bottlers Nepal (Terai) Ltd.
- Unilever Nepal Ltd.
- Chilime Hydropower Company Ltd.
- Butwal Power Company Ltd.
- Arun Valley Hydropower Company Ltd.
- Narayani National Finance Co. Ltd.
- Annapurna Finance Co. Ltd.
- Yeti Finance Company Ltd.
- Nepal Housing and Merchant Finance Company Ltd.
- Mahalaxmi Finance Ltd.
- Laitpur Finance Ltd.
- Pokhara Finance Ltd.
- Nepal Merchant Bank & Finance Company Ltd.
- Ace Development Bank Ltd.
- Nepal Doorsanchar Company Ltd.
- Sagarmatha Insurance Company Ltd.
- National Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Any individual, companies, and firms can take this loan. But, all the borrowers should be Nepalese citizen. This loan can be taken against the shares owned by any person or company.
Contact: Any branches of NBL.
|Maximum Loan Amount
||Up to single obligor limit
|Minimum Loan Amount
||The draw down is restricted to stipulated as mentioned by bank on time to time.
||Pledge over the shares and lien of right shares, dividends and bonus shares
Management fee: 0.50% of the loan amount or Rs 3000 whichever is higher upon approval of the loan.
- Copy of citizenship certificate of the borrower and other owners of the shares.
- Personal Gurantee of coheirs of the borrower.
- Loan application form duly filled and signed.
- Original share certificates.
- Letter of consent issued by the borrower addressed to the concerned companies for the pledge of shares with NBL.
- Letter of consent from Borrower to the concerned company for the lien over shares in favor of NBL and accretion (Dividend, Bonus shares, Right shares).
For firm / partnership / company
- Firm Registration Certificate.
- PAN Certificate.
- Partnership deed (in case of partnership firm only).
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (in case of company).
- By-laws and articles (in case of association/trust).
- Resolution of Board/Executive Committee for obtaining the loan (in case of company/association/trust).
- Power of attorney for signing the loan application and security documents (in case of company/association).
- Personal guarantee of shareholders holding 10% of total shares or more (in case of company).
Education Loans |
Personal Loans |
Auto Loans |
Margin Lending |
Corporate Loans |
Nepal Bank Limited
Tel.: +977 1 4247999 / 4239888
Toll Free: 16600137373
Swift Code: NEBLNPKA